This blog will be closed down soon. We have changed our business name and have a new blog. Head on over to shopguangorena.wordpress.com and follow. Also check out our new online shop at shopguangorena.com. We have earrings, rings, hair bows, bow ties and more. The business concept is pretty cool as well so read the About page to learn more. We curate small monthly collections for customers to shop from rather than having hundreds of items listed. Go check it out!
Hey everyone. Take a few minutes and head on over to our website at http://www.bowsbyg.com. If you like the bow you see above, look for The Greenie in the hair bows section of the shop. We also have lots of new items and many more coming soon. Also follow us on Instagram @bowsbyg to stay updated on all the new goodies.
We purchased some really gorgeous fabric a short time ago and made these lovely hair bows. There is nothing more girly and pretty than floral. Florals are also perfect for summer. A floral print bow adds visual interest to the hair as well as a touch of femininity. I was recently doing a little online shopping myself and came across the dress below. This Curved Hem T-Shirt dress from Forever 21 would look great with one of these, right? Just pair it with a pair of nude sandals, a peachy lip and nice handbag and you will be gorgeous!
I have created one of the most delicious desserts ever! My creation this time is the banana pudding cake. Of course there are similar recipes out there but my version is foolproof, fast and super easy to make. As said in my previous recipe post, I am a very busy woman and my schedule often limits my kitchen time. For this reason I like simple and quick recipes that yield an amazing result. I present to you, my version of the banana pudding cake.
*Before I share this recipe I must warn you that this cake is rich and isn’t the healthiest thing in the world. For this reason I recommend that you enjoy it in moderation. Decadence in moderation is the best way to indulge.
1 box yellow cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (I used Jello brand)
1 11 oz. box Nilla wafers (there will be extra)
1 medium sized banana
Vanilla extract (a must)
Butter or vegetable oil
Once you have all your ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a rectangular cake pan with butter or vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Mix the cake mix according to the packaging instructions. Make sure to add a little vanilla extract into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan. Spread in an even layer.
- Bake the cake according to the packaging instructions or until a tester comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Cool for 2-3 minutes and then use a fork to put holes all over the cake.
- Make the pudding as the cake cools. Follow the packaging instructions.
- Stir in some vanilla extract once you remove the pudding from the heat.
- Slice the banana and place the slices on top of the cake.
- Add a layer of vanilla wafers.
- Pour some of the pudding over the cake. This will soften the vanilla wafers.
- Add another layer of vanilla wafers on top of the hot pudding, drizzle with more pudding and finish with a little cookie dust.
- Use any leftover bananas, cookies and pudding to make mini banana puddings. Once they are assembled, pop them in the fridge to set overnight.
When the cake is done you can eat it warm or chill it in the fridge. It tastes amazing either way. My family is obsessed with this dessert and I am happy to share it with you.
As always, here is a bow for the occasion. Yes, dessert is an occasion :)
If you love the recipe, don’t hesitate to comment.
T. Guangorena (Owner of Bows by Guangorena)
Hey Bows by Guangorena fans! We are starting our first brand rep search.
If you want to apply, here’s how. All you have to do is 1) Repost any photo from our Instagram page and tell us why you want to represent the brand. Just tell us why you love Bows by Guangorena! 2) When you repost make sure to use the hashtag #bowsbygbrandrep so we can track your application.
You can enter as many times as you please. Also feel free to tag a friend that might be interested.
All applications will be viewed. Decisions will be based on who fits the brand best. If you are selected, you will receive a free item once a month. Our brand rep search is open to U.S residents only.
Brand representatives must photograph their free item and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #bowsbyg and tag us@bowsbyg. Photos must be clear. We prefer that you wear the item in the photo. Posts must occur 2 times per month. You will also receive your own coupon to share as you please. When your coupon code is used 20 times you get an item for free!! *We will remove you from our list of brand reps if you fail to follow the rules above. Our team does check.
Thanks in advance for wanting to support Bows by Guangorena!